1. I’m more attractive than the image on the left suggests.
2. I live in west London, UK, with my husband and two daughters aged 8 and 11.
3. I have a small urban garden and an allotment.
4. I like lists.
5. I run a school gardening club for 7 to 8 year olds.
6. I get very bad-tempered when I’m tired.
7. I’m a volunteer gardener for the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew.
8. I have a degree in chemical engineering but I’ve never worked as a chemical engineer.
9. My favourite plant is Magnolia grandiflora.
10. My favourite colour varies on a daily basis (before having children I never, ever imagined I could be asked this question so frequently in one lifetime).
11. I often weed my daughters’ raised beds at the allotment without their knowledge.